SOLD OUT – HORNIMAN MUSEUM (LONDON) Family Rave DJ Food 24 November
The Horniman is bringing Big Fish Little Fish Family rave under its roof for the first time this Winter!
Acid house original DJ Food (NinjaTune/Further) plays an eclectic set taking in acid house, hip hop, techno, drum and bass and even a splash of quality pop.
BFLF take the banging tunes, unity and escapism you remember from the classic days of rave and bring them to a family audience. Created by families for families, BFLF is the result of decades of clubbing/festival experience.
Taking our cue from the Horniman’s wonderful Natural History Gallery collection, the fancy dress theme for this event will be ‘Animal Fantastical’.
You can party to the best in dance music played by thi brilliant DJ with a toddler on your shoulders, a drink in your hand and a smile on your face at the Horniman.
Dance with your little ones amongst confetti cannons, bubbles and giant balloons and take part in the parachute dance finale.
Get crafting with Captain Cookie at the craft tables, plus colour in a giant, animal-themed mural or visit the baby chill-out zone.
Buggy parking, baby changing facilities and friendly stewards help things run smoothly and safely.
Free glowsticks and transfer tattoos for the children.
Licensed bar for the adults.
BFLF is primarily aimed at families with 0-8 year olds but older siblings are welcome.
Fancy dress (optional): Animal Fantastical
Face-painting stall: Our excellent face painters charge £5 per face for a child, £7 for adults and can only accept cash. NB only children over 2 can have their faces painted.
‘reliably excellent’ The Guardian
‘credible music…magical’ Time Out
‘The best thing we do together as a family’ BFLF Regular
‘The best day of my life’ BFLF 6-year-old attendee
Four-time Winner of the Audience Choice Prize at the Fantastic For Families Awards.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All ages welcome but activities are designed with 0-8 years olds in mind. Music is played at safe levels for everyone.
How loud will it be?
BFLF sets and monitors the volume using World Health Organisation guidelines – so that is it at a safe level for everyone, even the youngest babies, over the 2 and a half hour duration of the event. Though quieter than at adult events, it is still loud enough to feel like you are at a club. Most parents do not use ear defenders on their children but if yours are particularly sensitive to noise or if you want them to nap then you might want to consider it.
Terms and Conditions
• Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
• For families with younger children (8s and under) though all ages are welcome.
• Adult only groups are not admitted. A max of 3 children per adult in a family. If attending as a large birthday party please ensure one adult to two children minimum.
• If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-approval before buying tickets.
• Tickets are non-refundable.
• Each member of your group must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed).
• The event will be busy with hundreds of people attending. The dancefloor is for adults and children to dance together.
• Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating.
• Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance.
• Buggies must be left in buggy park outside the event space and will not be allowed on the dance floor.
• A licensed bar will be open during the event but no glass is permitted.
• We may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF or Horniman Museum promotion purposes0